Summer is coming up and we need to shed those extra pounds we gained over the winter. Eating filling salads for lunch helps attain this goal – that is if you respect the quantities and if you don’t add a bag of chips or a chocolate bar to the menu. I will be sharing a lot of salad recipes as they are my favorite thing to eat. For the health junkies – or for anyone willing to adventure themselves, this particular recipe is also delicious if you add half a cup or mixed quinoa (red and white).
Fresh & Light Greek Salad(serves 2-3) Ingredients:
- half a cup of crumbled Bulgarian feta cheese
- 1 box of mini tomatoes (you can mix red and yellow)
- half a large red pepper
- half a large yellow pepper
- half a red onion thinly sliced
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 generous tablespoons of olive oil
- half a teaspoon of table salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Start by slicing the tomatoes in halves, put them in a bowl and sprinkle only half of the salt. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are soaking in the salt, slice all the veggies and put them in another bowl. Try to slice the peppers thin but not too thin or else they will get mushy – and that’s not yummy.
- Mix the oil, lemon, salt and oregano. I recommend mix it in a mini Tupperware – allows the dressing to thicken.
- Combine the tomatoes, the sliced veggies and dressing. Mix in the feta once everything is well combined.
The Girl Next Door