My favorite thing to do Sunday morning is waking up late and whipping up something delicious. Lately, the most popular request at home are my special French toasts. I usually don’t share my secrets but I will make an exception. These could be served with thinly sliced strawberries and bananas with syrup or even Nutella. I am sure you will all enjoy these.
Delicious French Toasts
- 8 thick slices of Challah bread, preferably 2-day old
- 3 small eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Tiny dash of Club House Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- 8 large sliced strawberries
- Beat eggs, milk, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add orange juice and Cointreau. Make sure to blend very well.
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture. Make sure it doesn’t soak to much. (Trick: count 2 seconds for each side).
- Melt some butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add as many slices of bread onto the skillet as will fit at a time. Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread when necessary. (I usually use a flat spatula to make sure not to squeeze the French toast)
- To serve, add the garnish you prefer. I like to sprinkle powdered sugar with sliced strawberries.
Let me know how it turns out!
The Girl Next Door